Global Citizenship Programme (LoS 2)
Phong Thanh agricultural commune,
Cau Ke district, Tra Vinh province, Vietnam
29 May - 3 June 2017
- To allow the trip participants to carry out a service learning project in Phong Thanh commune, Vietnam.
- To expose the trip participants to a different culture and way of life in a less developed country.
- To allow trip participants to develop a sense of empathy for the less fortunate in society.
- To enable trip participants to learn important life skills, such as:
- budgeting, marketing, cooking and housekeeping skills
- construction skills through refurbishment work and infrastructure improvements
- facilitation and interaction through teaching lessons and conducting games for students in a rural school